We are committed to supporting programs that benefit local communities directly. In many cases, corporate participation through the Investors Group Community Investment Program comes as a natural extension of associations where our Consultants and employees are volunteers.
Hundreds of community organizations receive support in any given year.
Recipient organizations fall within one of these general categories:
- Arts and culture
- Civic causes
- Education and youth
- Social services
- Amateur sport and recreation
- Organizations that are federally registered charities with the Canada Revenue Agency
- Projects or programs that take place in communities where Investors Group has a business presence
In addition to grant opportunities, sponsorship funding is also available for community events.
Commercial sponsorships are not eligible for funding through this program.
If your request is of a local nature, we recommend that you contact one of our local Investors Group offices for consideration, as we purposely de-centralize a large portion of our funding to our region offices through our Region Office Community Relations Program. This allows region offices to determine which organizations and initiatives to fund at the local level. Each office has a Regional Director who manages this funding.
Find a Regional Director to contact in your area
- Search your location on the ‘Find an Advisor’ search pageto contact the Region Director(s) in your area about funding your request.
- The search will advise how many region offices were found for that specified location under ‘Office found’.
- If you select the ‘Offices found’ section it will provide the list of region offices applicable to the search and provide the necessary contact information for the Regional Director(s).
At the national level, our three strategic focus areas are financial literacy, community engagement and active/healthy living. We have a handful of long-term partnerships in these key areas that are all significant in scope We are not seeking new national partnerships at this time.
For the current listing, please see National Partnerships.