- Considering changing your mortgage?
- How can I accelerate the pay down of my mortgage without incurring a prepayment charge?
- What is a mortgage prepayment charge?
- How do I calculate my prepayment charge?
- What is the impact of rising or falling interest rates on my prepayment charge?
- If rates are decreasing, how do I know if I can benefit from paying off my mortgage early?
- Prepayment charge calculation examples
- Prepayment charge calculator
What is a mortgage prepayment charge?
If you choose to pay off your outstanding mortgage balance prior to your term maturity date, or choose to pay an amount greater than the prepayment privileges outlined in your original mortgage documents, you will incur a prepayment charge.
To learn more about the prepayment privileges specific to your Investors Group mortgage, call our Mortgage Servicing Centre at 1-800-328-6488. In the province of Québec, call 1-800-565-2035.