Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs)
GICs offer a fixed rate of interest for a specific term, and both principal and interest payments are guaranteed.
- Security and safety - Investors Group GICs are backed by the financial strength of Investors Group Trust Co. Ltd. All non-Investors Group GICs are backed by the financial strength of their organizations.
- Competitive interest rates - guaranteed for the full term of the investment
- Flexible investment terms - ranging from 1 year to 5 years
- Choice of interest payment frequencies
- Bonus rates on certain dollar amount purchases
- Choose from a selection of GIC companies
- CDIC protection - opportunity to maximize CDIC coverage
GICs issued by Investors Group Trust Co Ltd., and/or other non-affiliated GIC issuers.
Regulatory disclosures regarding Investors Group Trust Co. Ltd.
GIC rates – Investors Group Trust Co.
|Term In Months||12-23||24-35||36-47||48-59||60|
|RRSP and TFSA
|INCOME GICs (Non-Registered, TFSA and RRIF)|
|MINIMUM||Annual ($)||Semi-Annual ($)||Quarterly ($)||Monthly ($)|
|Non-Registered and TFSA||1,000.00||1,000.00||5,000.00||5,000.00|
Available on single GIC investments as follows:
- Investment amounts of $100,000 to $249,999 - 1/8% bonus
- Investment amounts of $250,000 and over - 1/4% bonus
Family grouping does not apply and multiple GIC's cannot be combined to reach the threshhold amounts.
Term Certain Annuity
|Term In Months||60|
|Annual Interest Rate (%)||1.4|
The above example is of payments received on a $10,000 investment at current rates. Please note the minimum payment that must be generated is $75/month.
The availability of a term will depend on the investment amount and current rates.