Volunteer Support Program
- The Volunteer Support Program will now be open annually from April to September.
Our Volunteer Support Program was created to provide financial assistance to charities in which you and/or your immediate family are involved in as active volunteers.
Community service enriches the quality of life in a community. We recognize the essential contribution you can make to your community and we encourage you to use this program to enhance that experience.
Who can apply
The program is open to:
- Associate Consultants
- Field Directors
- Head office and region office employees (permanent full-time and part-time)
- Immediate family includes spouses and children under the age of 18 only. Application(s) are to be submitted separately by Consultant/employee.
- You must have at least six months service with Investors Group or a subsidiary company.
- You or your family member must have volunteered a minimum of 25 hours with the charitable organization in the last 12 months.
- To be considered for a grant, you or your family member must currently be involved as a volunteer with an eligible organization and have volunteered with them for at least six months.
- Spouses and children are not eligible to apply directly. However, a separate application can be submitted by Consultants/employees on their behalf if they meet our eligibility requirements.
To begin applying, see our online application on this page.
Charitable organization eligibility
|The charitable organization must be:
||The charitable organization must not be:
Grants to service clubs will only be considered if the request is for a specific program or project area. Requests for general operating support to service clubs will not be considered.
Eligible organizations may receive funding for two consecutive years. However, funding is not automatically renewed. A grant application must be submitted to the Volunteer Support Committee for review each time funding is requested, and it will be evaluated against the stated criteria.
If an organization has received funding for two consecutive years, a full fiscal year must elapse before an application can be submitted on behalf of the organization.
You can submit an application for more than one organization for review provided all of the eligibility criteria are met.
Level of grants
- Individual grants up to $2,000
- The level of the grant will depend upon a number of factors, including:
- The extent of the Consultant/employee's commitment to, and active involvement in the organization.
- The extent to which the organization or project satisfies the eligibility criteria.
- The total number of applications received and the limits of the program budget.